Thursday, April 28, 2011

First Year Review

On Tuesday I attended the last portion of first year's final review. Arriving near the end of the presentation, I was forced to stand far in the back which meant that I could not see everyone's presentations as well as I would have liked. But from the view I had, Laura Kimmel's project immediately caught my eye. Her bold and varying color palette and rendering style was easily readable from standing at a distance. After I was able to move further up and observe her project at a closer distance, I was able to see her model and other technical drawings. They were all beautifully done and I could tell much time and care went in to them. The model especially gave me an understanding of scale and helped me to make connections with the rest of the drawings. Laura was the only one the I remember pinpointing her design concept, however the only critique I have for her presentation is that I would have liked a little more insight on how her design concept impacted her overall finished design. I knew very little about the objective of the assignment other than to create a writer's retreat, so I was interested to know more! However, collectively I believe that Laura's presentation was extremely successful and caught my eye, even from a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment