Friday, December 10, 2010

[holism]













Parametric and correlation were the two words that commenced this project. I began looking at different shapes and forms and exploring different ways units related to the whole. I was interested in how different parts related to one another, how parts were organized, and the mutual relationship individual parts shared with the whole. My three rules at the start of this project were to use triangles, repetition, and focus on how each unit related to the whole. I wanted to create a pattern that could be added to, subtracted from, and altered to create endless forms. Having to decide on a specific use for this project, I chose to create a tunnel that people could interact with and manipulate by compressing and pulling different triangular units to alter the whole. But that is not intended to be the complete function. It is intended to be interacted with and transformed into whatever the user can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment