Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Designer Bio + Goals wi1

Monday marked the start of another great semester. We were asked as a class to reflect on our goals for this semester, to acknowledge our strengths, and to enlighten our peers with our previous design experiences. Additionally the class participated in an exercise that assessed how each of us deal with change which was fascinating to discover the broad range of results.

My goals for this semester are quite foundational. I hope to sharpen both my visual and spoken communication skills. I desire to learn new techniques, and become more acquainted with the history of design and what has been and is being produced. I also aspire to have better time management and learn not to settle on one idea before exploring others.

Most importantly, I wish to improve my skills as a designer on every level. Therefor, having to pin point my strengths as a designer is difficult, because I know my strengths are not fully developed. With that said, I think that one of my strengths is that I am critical of my own work and only desire to improve. I am thorough, I pay strict attention to detail, and my peers additionally pointed out that I have high aspirations. My result of the Change Style Indicator test categorized me as a conserver but also a pragmatist. This result only confirmed what I had already acknowledged to be both my strengths and weaknesses.

I have always had a love and appreciation for design, but it was not until my senior year in high school that I recognized that I was capable of becoming a designer. From that day forward I have become fixated with learning and observing all I can. I never would have projected I would be as far as I am today, and I can not wait to see where this semester will lead me.

Below I provided an image that illustrates a project I produced last semester. During this assignment, I adopted a new love for digital fabrication and hope to direct more of my attention towards this aspect of design.

No comments:

Post a Comment